Sunday, April 10, 2011

victorian maternity corsets

so, i apologize for the amount of time since my last post. apparently it takes longer to source photos than i thought.
many of my friends are currently pregnant and i have found myself assisting with lots of research on period maternity options. one of the items that has caught my attention is victorian maternity corsets.
 maternity corset (unknown source)
 1900 side lacing maternity corset (from the Victoria and Albert museum)


 cup detail of maternity and nursing corset (from Kelvingrove museum)
maternity and nursing corset (from Kelvingrove museum)

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea where to purchase a victorian maternity corset?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for my long time away. I personally do not know of anywhere to buy pre made or ready to wear maternity corsets, however there are a great many talented seamstresses who make gorgeous corsets and who take commissions for custom work.

    ReplyDelete